Wednesday, December 2, 2009

100J Voice Recital

Currently, there are three graduate voice students teaching voice lessons to students who audition for lessons: Aidan Davis, Sarah Rodriguez, and Amelia Rollings. I was blessed enough to be placed with Amelia Rollings. She has taken my voice to great places that I did not know it could go. There is much that I have learned from her this semester, and I am pleased to post the video from the first of two voice recitals.

Tonight's recital was for all those who were studying with the three graduate voice students. For this recital, I sang "Porgi amor" from Le Nozze de Figaro. I watched the video a little while ago and could hardly believe that it was my voice. I am amazed at what I have learned to do throughout the course of this semester. I am very happy with my performance and am looking towards my next performance on December 16th, which is the Amelia Rollings studio recital, students solely of Amelia Rollings. On this second recital I will perform "Porgi amor" again, along with a musical theatre/belt song...yet to be chosen.

I hope you enjoy this video and stay tuned for the next one from the next recital. All I have to say right now is "THANK YOU, AMELIA!"

4 comments:

Paul Snatchko said...

Bella voce!

Amelia Rollings said...

It's because you my dear have done the WORK. It takes incredible focus to do this and you have done it! Congrats!

Janet said...

Wowie zowie. You've got it girl!

Janet said...

Wowie Zowie! Great performance and what a change!