Thursday, March 26, 2009

My 33rd

The difference between this year's birthday and the last eight is that I did not spend it in the classroom with students or at some sort of after-school rehearsal (i.e. musical, concert band, jazz band). I DID get to spend it with close friends and family.

The first part of my celebration was dinner with my PSU grad friends. We went to my favorite restaurant, Otto's Pub and Brewery, and as with most get-togethers this semester, we had a theme: birthday songs. Everyone in attendance had to compose or sing a different birthday song. I uploaded the video from the said event. A good time was had by all, and I feel very fortunate to be among so many fun-loving, intelligent and talented people. I'm very happy to call them my friends. Thanks to everyone in attendance that evening and enjoy the video!

The second part of my celebration was dinner with my family. We went to the Primanti's restaurant in Moon Township, which is about 10 minutes from my home...not quite the atmosphere as the original one in the Strip District of Pittsburgh, but the food is just as good. It was nice to be with my family all in one place, since the beginning of the semester. I'm very blessed to have such a loving, supportive and awesome family.

The third part of my celebration was my trip to Memphis with Corey...that takes me to the "Spring Break" post.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Yours and the German were my favorite!