Sunday, March 29, 2009

PMEA 2009


Time and money are both factors in my ability to attend the annual PMEA (Pennsylvania Music Educators' Association) state conference over the last 10 years. This year, all the stars aligned and I was able to attend the conference, held in the Valley Forge (Philadelphia) area.

My teaching partner, Alan, had the lucky chance to stay on-site in the Radisson. A picture of his "galactic" room is available above. Ah, the convenience...I stayed about 5 minutes away, which was not too bad.

I had the chance to round-out my professional development by attending educational sessions, performances and social gatherings with former undergraduate colleagues as well as current graduate colleagues. The All-State performance that I chose to attend was the All-State Jazz and Vocal Jazz Ensembles. What great talent we have in the state of Pennsylvania!

It was refreshing to be able to attend the 2009 PMEA conference, and I am looking forward to next year's conference in my home area of Pittsburgh.

No comments: